CALIBRATION AND CERTIFICATION services
Pioneer Scale Company, Inc. agrees to provide the following services:
- Inspect and test the scales listed below with certified test weights.
- Made adjustments to restore the accuracy of the listed scales to conform within the tolerances set forth by Federal Handbook 44 and State Dept. of Agriculture.
- A licensed technician will provide a written report as to the condition prior to and after each scale has been calibrated and advise the customer as to any additional work that is needed on any scale.
- When the condition of the scale is such that normal calibration cannot restore the accuracy of the scale, we will fully advise the customer as to the extent of repair needed on that scale.
- Each scale that meets standard tolerances will have a certification sticker applied to the indicating unit showing the date of the test, the technician’s license # and the technician’s signature.
- The contract does not include any repairs made to the scales or additional service calls made between inspections. Any additional labor shall be performed at standard service rates per hour (excluding travel) during normal working hours plus mileage for the service vehicle used and any expenses incurred including parts.
- Safety, Insurance and Training Fee of 5% applies to all invoices.
- Any scales added to the facility that need inspections will be added to the contract at additional fees.
Note: The contract does not include any applicable sales taxes, freight or parts required to repair any scales. Our normal terms are net 10 from date of service with a 2% service charge being charged each 30 days of late payment (this is pending a credit approval process).
Pioneer scale provides convienent access to Scale Certification certificates thru a Certificate Retrival system.
Click Here to View CRS ISO-9000 Certificates (if you already have a user name and password)
Preventative Maintenance Agreement
One of the best ways to stay up and running is to establish a Preventative Maintenance Agreement. With an agreement in place, Pioneer Scale agrees to routinely inspect and test scales and weighing devices at your job site. Routine Preventive Maintenance of equipment will entail the following:
- Pre-inspection for physical problems and levelness.
- Testing for weight accuracy with known weights.
- Testing for counting accuracy by sampling and counting with known units.
- Making calibrations as necessary. All adjustments and repairs, which require new parts, structural changes or machine work, will be invoiced at the guaranteed PMA rates.
- Completion of an inspection report stating make, model, serial numbers, location, capacity, pre-inspection accuracy and corrected accuracy if applicable.
- Placement of an signed inspection sticker showing date serviced and the date of the next scheduled Preventative Maintenance service call.