Jib Crane Beams
- Inspect and verify load carrying capacity of all jib crane assemblies located in facility.
- Inspect all devices, lifts, beams and hoist to insure that they are in good repair and appear to be safe. Check for frayed cables, missing bolts…. etc.
- Determine capacity at end of load beam first if ID plate is available and if not then use capacity of hoist/chain fall attached to jib crane beam.
- Position test load equal to 150% of verified capacity 6” from floor and hold in position for no less than 5 minutes without failure.
- If device sustains load position for five minutes and passes inspection affix serial tag with current year in a place as to not hinder operation and in a location at to be clearly identified upon later inspection.
- If jib crane beam does not have capacity stenciled, then 2” stencils should be used and painted direct upon completion of device inspection. I.E. - CAP = x/x TON
- Complete PDF fillable form certificate for jib crane.