- Inspect and verify load carrying capacity of all magnet assemblies located in facility.
- Inspect all devices, lifts, beams and hoist to insure that they are in good repair and appear to be safe. Check for frayed cables, missing bolts…. etc.
- Determine capacity using the manufacturer’s serial and model plate located on the magnet. If one is not available, then use the hoist’s capacity or the beams capacity for documentation and testing.
- Position test load equal to 150% of verified capacity 6” from floor and hold in position for no less than 5 minutes without failure.
- If device sustains load position for five minutes and passes inspection affix serial tag with current year in a place as to not hinder operation and in a location at to be clearly identified upon later inspection.
- Complete PDF fillable form certificate for magnet.